Leangap is a startup summer program designed to help entrepreneurs succeed. In this program, you will have the opportunity to learn from mentors who have made it in the real world. You will also have the chance to network with other entrepreneurs and potential investors. So, if you are serious about your entrepreneurial journey, you should apply to Leangap today. This guide will walk you through the application process and show you how to make your application stand out. So read on and learn how to join like-minded teen entrepreneurs from all over the world at Leangap!
What is Leangap?
Leangap is a competitive startup summer incubator that provides mentorship, networking opportunities, and real-world experience to help entrepreneurs succeed. This program is perfect for driven individuals who are passionate about their business idea and seek guidance from successful entrepreneurs. Through Leangap, you will have access to some of the top minds in the entrepreneurial world and gain invaluable experience that will help you take your business to the next level. So if you are ready to take your startup journey seriously, then Leangap is the perfect place for you.
What are the benefits of attending Leangap?
Learning from experienced entrepreneurs and mentors. We believe that our mentors are the secret sauce to the program, as they provide the real-world experience and guidance that entrepreneurs need to be successful.
Networking with other like-minded individuals. You will have the opportunity to meet and connect with like-minded individuals from all over the world who are passionate about entrepreneurship. This network will be invaluable as you continue on your entrepreneurial journey.
Gaining real-world experience in the entrepreneurial world. Unlike other programs, at Leangap, you'll build a tangible product that people can use and can generate revenue. This experience will help you get the crowd off in your future startup endeavors.
The application process - what to expect and how to prepare
The Leangap application process is highly competitive. Every year, we receive around three thousand applications from talented individuals all over the world. Here are some tips to increase your chances of expectancy.
Firstly, here are the questions that you can expect on the application:
- What's the latest thing you did that you are proud of? (0/2000 characters)
- What is the most important thing you want to learn at Leangap? (0/2000 characters)
- Do you have a startup idea? If so, what is it? (0/2000 characters)
- If you were accepted into Leangap, what practical skills would you provide for your team? (0/2000 characters)
- Tell us what makes you a unique teenager. (0/2000 characters)
- How did you hear about Leangap?
- Is there anything else you would like our admissions team to know about?
There are a few ways to come up with startup ideas:
- Look at problems that you experience daily and try to solve them.
- Look at industries that you are passionate about and see if there is a way to improve them.
- Take a look at the current trends and try to find a way to tap into them.
Brainstorming what makes you unique:
One way to determine what makes you unique is to look at your hobbies and interests. Do you have any unusual hobbies or interests that set you apart from other people? Maybe you are an expert on a particular topic, or you can write code or have proficiency in a certain skill. Whatever it is, be sure to highlight it in your application.
Technical & Practical skills:
- Mobile development: Android, iOS
- Graphic Design: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Engineering: AutoDesk, Solidworks, CATIA
- Marketing: Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Social Media Marketing
- Video: Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut
- Product Design: User Experience, Interaction Design, Information Architecture
- Business: Business Model Canvas, Value Proposition Design, Lean Startup
- Finance: Accounting, Excel, Financial Modeling
Don't fret if you don't have any of these technical skills yet! Although it would help you in your application, Leangap is open to all high schoolers, and we encourage you to apply regardless of your current skill set.
How can you increase your chances of being accepted into the program?
- Start working on your application early. This will give you plenty of time to perfect your startup idea and make sure that your application is top-notch. The more time you put into your application, the more time you allow yourself for revisions.
- Take the time to write strong and compelling answers. In your answers, explain why you are passionate about your business idea and why you believe that Leangap is the right program for you. Also, show yourself off! What makes you unique? Have you won any awards, or are you into hobbies that make you stand out.
- Get your application in early. The sooner you apply, the better your chances of being accepted.
What to do after you've been accepted
- Join our LinkedIn group for accepted students. You can ask questions about the program and connect with future classmates within the group.
- Create a discord account if you do not have one already. For our online programs, communication between co-founders and mentors is discord.
- Prepare a short 3-minute pitch on a startup idea you want to pitch through the first two days of the program. Your peers will vote on the top 6 ideas to work on during the summer.
How to make the most out of your time at Leangap
If you've been accepted into Leangap, then congratulations! You are one step closer to achieving your entrepreneurial dreams. Here are a few things you can do to make the most out of your time at Leangap:
Get involved and take advantage of all the program has to offer. Attend every event, workshop, and speaker series. This is a perfect opportunity to learn from some of the top minds in the entrepreneurial world, so make sure you take advantage of it.
Network, network, network. This is your chance to meet other like-minded individuals and make valuable connections. Be sure to exchange contact information with as many people as possible.
Building your MVP. This is a great opportunity to get real-world experience and take your business to the next level.
Practice your public speaking. At Leangap, you'll have the opportunity to practice both hard and soft skills like public speaking. Public speaking is a valuable skill in both pitchings and in life in general.
Have fun! This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, so make sure you enjoy it.
We hope this guide was helpful in giving you a better understanding of what Leangap is and how you can increase your chances of being accepted into the program.